Hula Hoop Classes – Covid-19 Policies
Elly is committed to providing a Covid secure class and takes the health, safety and wellbeing of all those attending seriously. She is following the guidance from UK Government and Public Health England in relation to the Coronavirus, Covid-19, and will be updating all policies regularly to ensure compliance.
Risk assessment available on request.
Risk assessment available on request.
Student Health Policy
- Only come to class if you are well and healthy.
- Do not come to class is you or anyone from your household are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms (e.g. persistent cough, high temperature, loss of taste/smell). Do not come to class and follow government guidance if you or anyone in your household believes they have come into contact with Covid-19, are awaiting test results or self-isolating.
- Inform Elly Clibbens (07969280667 / email@example.com) if you or anybody in your household develops Covid-19 symptoms or tests positive for Covid-19 within 2 weeks after attending a class.
- You may be asked to provide a negative test result before returning to class.
- Your data will be stored securely in the booking system for up to 21 days in line with the NHS track and trace requirements.
- You may be contacted if you have been in close contact with somebody who is later confirmed to have Covid-19.
- Students in class displaying any obvious symptoms of being unwell, or not complying with any of the terms in the Health and Class Policies stated here, may be asked to leave immediately.
Student Class Policy
- Ensure you have completed the online Covid Disclaimer, this is part of the online booking system.
- Arrive within 5 minutes before the class start time. You may not be allowed in late or early.
- Maintain social distancing whilst waiting outside.
- Wear a face covering or mask whilst entering the building, moving through the space and exiting the building.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and hot water or use the hand sanitiser immediately on arrival.
- Follow the one way system into the main space to your allocated floor spot.
- Your mask may be removed during class whilst staying within your allocated floor spot.
- Maintain social distancing at all times, keeping a space of 2 meters.
- Stay within your allocated floor spots during class. These spots have been measured and marked out to keep all students 2 meters apart.
- If you drop your hoop and need to retrieve it from outside your allocated floor spot, wear your face covering or mask whilst doing so and allow other students to step back to maintain social distancing.
- Try to avoid touching anything unnecessarily.
- Toilets will be available to use and cleaned between each class. Bring your own bottle of water, this can be refilled at the tap which will be cleaned between each class.
- Bring your own hula hoop where possible, hoops can be provided if required and will be cleaned between each class.
Instructor Class Policy
- Class numbers will be limited to 8 students and 1 teacher. This complies with the guidance for indoor group exercise classes in relation to safe numbers according to the venue size. No other people will be allowed in the building.
- Students will not be allowed to enter before the class start time, and will need to leave promptly at the end of class. A one way system will be in place to avoid close contact with other students during class change overs, with a seperate entrance and exit.
- Floor spots will be marked out and allocated to students on arrival to maintain social distancing during class time.
- The floor, toilets, sink, touch points and any equipment used with be cleaned before and after each class.
- Masks will be worn when entering, exiting and moving around the building. They will only be allowed to be removed whilst staying within an allocated floor spot.
- Music volume will be kept low to avoid anybody raising their voice over it or needing to shout.
- Doors will be kept open where possible to increase ventilation in the space.
- There is a one way system in operation with signage throughout the space.
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser is available immediately on arrival.
- Contact details for all persons present in class will be taken through the booking system and kept on file for at least 21 days to comply with NHS track and trace requirements.
- A QR code for NHS Track and Trace requirements will also be available on display in the building.
- Students will be asked not to congregate outside before or after class and maintain social distancing whist arriving and leaving the building.
- Cleaning products will be available that are effective against Covid-19, including floor cleaner, hand sanitizer and surface cleaner. Cleaning products will only be handled by the teacher using appropriate PPE, e.g. mask and gloves.
- Internal doors will be left open to avoid unnecessary touching. Light switches, plug sockets and external doors will only be operated by the teacher and cleaned at the end of each class.
Covid-19 Outbreak Policy
- Should there be a confirmed case of Covid-19, Elly will alert all those who may have been in contact with that person, they will be advised to follow government advice and self isolate.
- The venue will be informed and following their Covid-19 Policy, will be closed until a quarantine period or deep clean can be completed.